Not for profit Information Stalls Information stalls will be considered by prior application to the RRO Committee for a no fee status for not for profit organizations.
General Stalls Regardless of what you sell in your stall, all stalls bar information stalls at Rocklea Rocks On festival will be charged at the same rate.
Food Stalls Selling food or beverages This includes all stalls providing food or beverage to Festival Patrons. The RRO committee takes pride on the quality and variety of foods available at the festival and on the efficiency and standards of the food stall operators. Rocklea Rocks On aims to provide patrons will a wonderful army of foods, representative of both local and international communities.
Food Stall Guidelines Food Stalls will need to be licensed, Insured, and registered for a food premises operator with Brisbane City Council and follow the Qld. Food Safety Standards (which are available on the web at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/public-health/industry-environment/food-safety/). Food stalls will also be required to comply with the festival’s waste management practices (the RRO is aiming towards maintaining a sustainable environment). Environmentally friendly vendors will be given preference. As such it is preferable that bags, and food and beverage containers are as environmentally friendly as possible.
Stall Selection Criteria Stall selection is based on quality, variety and presentation, so send a photo or artist’s impression of your proposed stall and a scaled drawing with your stall application.
All stallholders must comply with RRO Stall Guidelines. Preference is given to those who follow correct procedures, including promptness of application & payment.
Stalls that are bright and festive, with clean presentation and interesting appearance are highly valued.
Quality of stock & suitability to RRO
Level of professionalism and experience.
Your indication that you will buy and use local produce.
A visual image, preferably in colour, could assist in stall selection.
Stall Fees All store fees are charge at $50 per lineal meter frontage which includes food trailers and marquees. We don’t charge for depth. Power is charged at 1 connection for $30, 2 for $50, 3 for $60 and 4 for $70. You must indicate the total length of your stall exactly to fit into the allocated space. If your stall is 4.5m you are required to pay for 5m etc. Food stalls are required to supply 2 meal vouchers and beverage stalls 5 drinks vouchers which will be given to the volunteers that make this event possible. The vendor coordinator will collect these when you bump in. These fees may be amended from time to time at the discretion of the RRO Management Committee
Upon acceptance of application, please pay full fee via the instructions provided to you. We aim to not duplicate similar vendors and those that have been accepted and paid their site fee will secure exclusivity to their product for the festival.
Full fee payment must be received prior to the Festival no pay no entry.
1. Selection Notification after 1st February Each year, we expect to receive more applications for stalls than can be accommodated. Some stalls are not accepted mainly for reasons of duplication. Non-acceptance is not always a reflection on your standard or applicability. Please note that some quality applications may be rejected. No correspondence will be entered into.
2. Cancellation If the stall holder wishes to cancel this contract after notification the Festival organisers reserve the right to retain 100% of the total site fee. The stall holder does have the right to offer their space to another stall holder at the same rate they paid and with approval from the RRO committee
3. Non-Sectarian Policy RRO has a non-sectarian policy regarding stalls.
4. Trading Times Stallholders may operate throughout the festival hours of operation, or at the discretion of the Festival Stalls Manager. Bump in is from 9am Friday or 6am Saturday and all vendors must attend a ‘tool box’ meeting in front of the stage at 10:00 am and be ready to open at 11am.
Large stall holders especially food trucks are encouraged to set up Friday morning. You may stay onsite in your stall Friday night. Bump out is from 9:30pm Saturday night. No stallholder vehicles movement will be permitted outside the above times of operation. Information stalls are in a different area and may bump out from 7pm onwards.
5. Alcohol Ban Stalls are not permitted to serve or supply alcohol.
6. Insurances Public liability insurance is compulsory for all stallholders. A copy of your Public Liability Policy must be attached with your application.
7. Workers’ Compensation If you are employing people to work on your stall, you must have WorkCover for your staff. WorkCover Queensland web site has all the details.
8. Rain Some years we experience rainy days and unprepared stalls have a hard time. It is important to ensure that you have decent flooring and a wet weather contingency plan for your stock. The Stall Holder is responsible for any loss or damage of stock.
9. Stall Site & Size When deciding what stall site size you require, include your entire stall including all ropes and awnings. If you arrive at the Festival and your stall is bigger than what you indicated. you will not fit. You may be asked to reduce the size of your stall. We understand stalls come in all shapes & sizes & will do our best to accommodate your stall as per your application. The Stall Coordinator’s decisions at the time of the festival will be final.
10. Stall Site Boundaries Stalls shall not extend their displayed goods beyond the boundaries of their nominated site. It is not acceptable for stall holders to encroach onto the walkways with their racks or displayed goods. The Stalls Coordinator or authorized Festival representative, has the right to move stock items from the designated walkway in the interest of public safety.
11. Noise spillage Use of amplifiers or loud speakers, including cassette players by stallholders is prohibited except with prior written consent from the Stalls Coordinator. The Stalls Coordinator or authorised Festival representative, has the right to set the volume level of any noise emanating from the stall. Stallholders are not permitted to employ, contract or program any performer or performance without prior permission from the TFF Program Director.
12. Subletting Stallholders are not entitled to assign, share or sublet all or part of their Site, other than already stated on their application form.
13. No Livestock Livestock or pets will not be permitted on the festival site unless by prior arrangement. Registered Guide or Companion animals excluded.
14. Visual Appearance is important. The organisers aspire to improve the overall quality of the Festival every year. Camping tents are not considered suitable for use as a stall. You are encouraged to be extra imaginative and colourful in your stall presentation.
15. Vehicles You may park one car sized vehicle in the vendor parking area, it will not be permitted to move for the duration of the festival from 10am Saturday until 9:30pm. Indicate your request for a vehicle space on the application form, you will be issued with a dashboard permit and a designated parking space. There are limited spaces available for vehicles, so requests are not always met. All vehicle movements within the park for the purposes of unloading and loading of your stall goods or set up, will be outside the above mentioned times.
16. Camping It is possible to camp inside your stall on the Friday night for those that wish to set up Friday. Please let us know on your application so we can arrange with the showground manager. Alternatively the Rocklea motel is walking distance from the showgrounds.
17. Right of Veto / Offensive Goods The organisers of the Festival retain the right to enter upon the site of any exhibitor at any time and remove any article, sign, picture or printed matter which RRO management considers, is either not eligible for display or considered offensive. (eg. dangerous toys or illegal products.) Absolutely no flash toys including balloons, guns, wands, swords, spinners etc are allowed as this is supplied by one of our major sponsors. Failure to follow this rule will lead to immediate shut down of your stall.
18. Disagreement In the event of un-resolved disagreement between the organisers of the Festival and a Stallholder, where a satisfactory compromise cannot be reached, the Stallholder’s continued presence will be at the discretion of the Festival Management. No fees will be refunded, and no correspondence entered into.
19. Power Limited power is available for stalls. While every effort will be made to supply your Stall with desired power, actual power allocation to stalls is at the discretion of the Festival. Stallholders need to supply their own electrical leads for the first 25metres of supply, however the Festival retains the right to ban use of Stallholders leads that are not Current safety tested and tagged. Preference will be given to those food stalls who use gas. If you do please state it on your application. Generators will be allowed at the discretion of the Stalls Coordinator or RRO Executive Member. Noise Spillage may be dealt with under Item 11 above. If totally self powered, stall fee will be charged as unpowered.